History of Fire Services and CTIF, Museums and Documentation
Chair: Gerald Schimpf (Austria)
Member Nations: Austria, Belarus, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, USA
Languages: This commission operates in German and English.
Starting Year: 1998
Operational Procedures: One yearly meeting in October.
Way of communication: E-mail: Contact Gerald Schimpf
For a list of official CTIF Museums and Collections, click here
The objectives of our Commission are:
- Assistance in the preparation of fire service history in general and in special cases (thematic) for the members of the CTIF coordination.
- Certification of fire service museums and fire service collections. This should be a quality feature for the respective fire service museums and at the same time make CTIF known.
- Classification of historical fire engines. This should be a quality feature for the respective fire brigade and their vehicle and at the same time make the CTIF known.
- Advising the fire brigades and associations in matters of fire service history and archiving.
- Administration of the CTIF Museum in Pribyslav with local museum staff
- Organization of an annual committee meeting
Products of the Commission:
1. Regulations for the certification of fire service museums and fire service collections
2. Regulations for the classification of historical fire engines
Delegates of the member countries:
▪ Akimova Aleksandra - Russia
▪ Barinova Yulia - Russia
▪ Baumann Heinz - Switzerland
▪ Berki Imre - Hungary - Chairman Deputy
▪ Faes Luc - Belgium
▪ Fastl Christian K. - Austria
▪ Gąsiorczyk Paweł - Poland
▪ Janeba Lubomir - Czech Republic
▪ Jannsen John - Denmark
▪ Juncker Patrick - Luxembourg
▪ Killen William - USA
▪ Koutri Alexandra-Ioanna - Greece
▪ Latocha Krzysztof - Poland
▪ Liponik Janez - Slovenia
▪ Lombardo Federico - Italy
▪ Naiden Tatiana - Russia
▪ Patek Jiri - Czech Republic
▪ Považan Vladimír - Slovakia
▪ Reinholz Heiko - Germany
▪ Runjić Vedran - Croatia
▪ Schamberger Rolf - Germany
▪ Schmauch Jean-Francois - France
▪ Schmit Frank - Luxembourg
▪ Scorynina Nina - Russia
▪ Slaughter Rodney - USA
▪ Soares Jaime - Portugal
▪ Teternik Andrei - Belarus
▪ Tomat Viljem - Slovenia
▪ Van Haasteren Bianca - Netherlands
Honorary members of the CTIF and the Commission:
▪ Farrenkopf Dieter - Germany - Honorary Chairman
▪ Schinnerl Adolf- Austria - Honorary Chairman
Section for the classification of historical fire engines according to the CTIF regulations:
▪ Juncker Patrick - Luxembourg - Engine classification coordinator
Section for certification of fire service museums and fire service collections according to CTIF regulations:
▪ Knaß-Roßmann Katrin - Austria - Museum certification coordinator
International Study Group for the History of Fire Service and Fire Protection in the CTIF:
▪ Valentini Ingo - Austria - Chairman
▪ Švanda Petr - Czech Republic - Chairman Deputy
The International Study Group is an open community that works on various topics in this area. Anyone interested can participate. The Study Group acts on behalf of the CTIF History Commission.
A conference volume on the respective topics will be published.
Members of the History Commission and the International Study Group (c) Richard Gazdag