History of Fire Services and CTIF, Museums and Documentation
Chair/Moderator: Gerald Schimpf (Austria/Österreich)
Member Nations: Austria, Belarus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, USA
Languages: This commission operates in German and English.
Starting Year: 1998
Operational Procedures: One yearly meeting in October.
Way of communication: E-mail: Contact Gerald Schimpf
For a list of official CTIF Museums and Collections, click here
The objectives of our Commission are:
- Assistance in the preparation of the fire brigade history in general and in special cases (thematic) for the members of the CTIF coordination.
- Certification of fire brigade museums, show collections, traditional rooms and archives. This should be a quality feature for the respective fire brigade museums and at the same time make CTIF known.
- Classification of fire brigade vehicles. This should be a quality feature for the respective fire brigade and their vehicle and at the same time make the CTIF known.
- Advising the fire brigades and associations in matters of fire brigade history and archiving.
- Administration of the CTIF Museum in Pribyslav with local museum staff
- Organization of an annual committee meeting
Products of the Commission:
1. Guidelines for certification of fire brigade museums
2. Guidelines for classification of historic fire trucks
Delegates of the member countries:
▪ Akimova Aleksandra - Russia
▪ Barinova Yulia - Russia
▪ Baumann Heinz - Switzerland
▪ Berki Imre - Hungary - Chairman Deputy
▪ Fastl Christian K. - Austria
▪ Gąsiorczyk Paweł - Poland
▪ Janeba Lubomir - Czech Republic
▪ Jannsen John - Denmark
▪ Juncker Patrick - Luxembourg
▪ Killen William - USA
▪ Koutri Alexandra-Ioanna - Greece
▪ Latocha Krzysztof - Poland
▪ Naiden Tatiana - Russia
▪ Patek Jiri - Czech Republic
▪ Reinholz Heiko - Germany
▪ Ronec Peter - Slovakia
▪ Runjić Vedran - Croatia
▪ Schamberger Rolf - Germany
▪ Schmauch Jean-Francois - France
▪ Schmit Frank - Luxembourg
▪ Scorynina Nina - Russia
▪ Slaughter Rodney - USA
▪ Soares Jaime - Portugal
▪ Teternik Andrei - Belarus
▪ Tomat Viljem - Slovenia
▪ Tsilogianni Eleftheria - Greece
▪ Van Haasteren Bianca - Netherlands
Honorary members of the CTIF and the Commission:
▪ Farrenkopf Dieter - Germany - Honorary Chairman
▪ Schinnerl Adolf- Austria - Honorary Chairman
Section for the classification of historical fire-fighting vehicles according to the CTIF regulations:
▪ Juncker Patrick - Luxembourg - Head of the group
Section for certification of fire brigade museums and collections according to CTIF regulations:
▪ Knaß-Roßmann Katrin - Austria - Head of the group
International Association for Fire and Fire History in CTIF:
▪ Valentini Ingo - Austria - Chairman
▪ Bárta Stanislav - Czech Republic - Chairman Deputy
This is an open community that works on various topics in this area. Anyone interested can participate. This working group acts on behalf of the CTIF Commission History.
A conference volume on the respective topics will be published.
Members of the History Commission and the International Study Group (c) Richard Gazdag